2011 Goal Update (May)
This is my fifth monthly report on how I’m doing with my goals for 2011:
- Read the Book of Mormon again. Getting better at this. I’ve been reading to my little girl so that is helping me catch up some.
- Earn as much from my side business as I do from my day job. May was the best month of earnings that I have ever had in my life. I was very blessed with this extra money in the same month that my first child was born, which helped a lot in buying lots of fun baby stuff. This month so far hasn’t been as good as last month, but that is to be expected because I’ve been neglecting things a bit.
- Build a dining room table. Build a piano keyboard desk. Build something. My dad is in town so I’m going to get him to show me how to use a router. Once I get some practice on that, I’m going to build something incredibly stupendously awesome. Like a shelf or something. ;)
- Launch twelve new websites. I just got the Fake Mail Generator working again, which I’m counting as my site for May. It is a site I already had, but it has been broken for years (and oddly enough still earning ridiculous amounts of money).
I’ve also been working on a few goals that I didn’t originally blog about:
- Max out my 401k and Roth IRA contributions. The 401k is set up and automatically funding. I expect to have it maxed out in about 2 months. I’ve also been filling up our Roth IRAs.
- Start an email newsletter. I’ve picked a topic. I’m going to make a newsletter for The Awkward Turtle that will include funny date mishaps, date ideas, and
advertisementshelpful product reviews.
- Create a game for mobile phones. Haven’t put any time into this yet.
Goals I’ve accomplished this year:
- Become a dad. I’m a dad! Yay! My daughter Anna was born in late May.
- Publish my first book. I’ve published my first book (paperback, Kindle, and Nook). Took me a couple years, and I already found 2 typos (grr!), but at least it is finally in print.
- Paid my taxes. I make money from a lot of places which makes my taxes really complicated, so getting this finished was awesome.
- Get out of debt. We’ve paid off the last of Becca’s student loans which means we are now debt free! Yay!