2011 Goal Update (February)
This is my second monthly report on how I’m doing with my goals for 2011:
- Read the Book of Mormon again. Well I’ve fallen behind a bit. Okay, a lot. I’m lazy. I’ll catch up though, I promise…
- Earn as much from my side business as I do from my day job. It has been a crazy month. Revenue was up, revenue was down, revenue was up, revenue was down… Crazy. Not sure what is going on. The Fake Name Generator API revenue is way up though which is real exciting.
- Build a dining room table. Build a piano keyboard desk. Build something. We keep flip-flopping on what we want, so this goal is on hold while I figure out what the heck I should build.
- Launch twelve new websites. Last month’s MEID Converter is doing surprisingly well. This month I’ve been working on Nephi.net, which is a website to find LDS images with open licenses. I don’t plan on making money on this site, but it is something I’ve been wanting to make for a while. I’ve nearly finished the main functionality and design of the site.
I’ve also been working on a few goals that I didn’t originally blog about:
- Max out my 401k and Roth IRA contributions. I got the 401k set up at work.
- Get out of debt. We paid off about half the student loans, and will probably pay the other half after tax time.
- Start an email newsletter. Still debating a topic. I’ve narrowed it down to a handful of options.
- Create a game for mobile phones. Haven’t put any time into this yet.